HR Template Shop
9. Letter to Employee Asking for Authorisation to Request Medical Report from GP or Specialist
Regular price £14.99
You may need to request a medical report on an employee, perhaps to:
- follow your capability procedure;
- ascertain why their ability to perform job duties has deteriorated;
- find out whether there is a medical reason for regular short-term absences;
- identify an employee's prognosis and likely duration of absence;
- determine whether an employee has a disability in accordance the Equality Act and meet your duty to consider any reasonable adjustments;
- manage health and safety at work.
You must comply with the Access to Medical Reports Act 1988 and also the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Using these template documents will ensure compliance.