HR Template Shop
8. Capability - Letter to GP or Specialist Requesting Medical Report and Enclosing Signed Consent to Medical Report Form
Regular price £14.99
Use this letter to comply with the law (Access to Medical Reports Act 1988) and best practice.
The template letter prompts you to ask:
- What is the reason for your employee's ill health and attendance record?
- What are their symptoms?
- Will the symptoms or treatment of their ill health or medical condition have an affect on their work duties? given their particular job role? including any side effects which medication might have on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Does the employee have, or will they have, a disability under the meaning described in the Equality Act 2010?
- Will the employee will be able to resume work and effectively fulfil the duties of their current role?
- When will the employee be able to return to his/her duties?
- Are there any appropriate measures that you could reasonably make to facilitate a return to work?
- Is your employee likely to be able to render regular and efficient service in the future?
- Can the Doctor make a recommendation which may help in finding an alternative role, if that is necessary?