This Unauthorised Absence Policy and Procedure details the procedure which should be followed when an employee, without contact or explanation:
- Does not arrive for work;
- Does not return from holiday;
- Does not return from sick leave;
- Fails to comply with the absence reporting procedure;
- Fails to provide required evidence of absence;
- Is absent from work without permission;
- Takes unauthorised annual/holiday leave.
Presuming that an employee has resigned can be an expensive mistake for an employer to make. You need to attempt to contact the employee to determine whether they intend to come back to work.