4. Letter Responding to Employee on Receipt of Notification of Adoption and Leave Form
You must respond to an employee's notification of adoption within 28 days.
This letter confirms receipt of the employee's completed Notification of Adoption and Leave Form and either a copy of the matching certificate, or in the case of an adoption from overseas, copy of official documentation.
It also congratulates the employee and confirms their adoption leave and adoption pay arrangements.
Options are included for you to choose from, in the case where:
- Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) will be provided.
- Enhanced Company Adoption Pay will be provided.
- The employee does not meet the minimum earnings criteria for National Insurance purposes to be eligible to receive SAP.
- The employee does not have enough continuous employment with the Company to qualify for SAP.
It also provides guidance should the employee wish to return to work early or consider Shared Parental Leave and on Keeping In Touch (KIT) days.